It is a primary goal of the our RTG to educate PhD-students to become independent, creative and responsible leaders in science. Therefore, the RTG is organized such that the PhD-students are involved in decisions on their scientific training program and can contribute ideas and discussion.
// General Assembly
- The General Assembly meets regularly at least once a year. To discuss topics of immediate concern, a General Assembly can additionally be initiated upon request by at least two thirds of the RTG members to the Steering Committee.
- The General Assembly is moderated by the spokesperson, who reports on the progress of the RTG.
- All members of the RTG can discuss and/or comment on issues pertaining to the RTG. The General Assembly advises the Steering Committee.
- The General Assembly also conducts the elections for the Steering Committee, the PhD-student representatives and the Ombuds Committee. Elections for each of these committees are for a period of 2 years. Re-election is possible.
- Each meeting is documented by a written protocol.
// Operative Committees
- Steering Committee
- PhD-Student Representatives
- Thesis Committees
- Ombuds Committee
- The spokesperson is the chair of the General Assembly and the Steering Committee.
- She/he invites to the meetings of the General Assembly and the Steering Committee and reports on the current status and progress of our RTG.
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Heilmann
- The coordinator is a central player in the functionality of the RTG. She/he is involved in the hands-on implementation of the Training Program, the seminar series and the various meetings of the RTG. Furthermore, the coordinator acquires information and contacts for possible external speakers in Training Courses or for Complementary Activities.
- The coordinator administrates the funds of all RTG projects and is responsible for the financial records of the RTG. These include also the general funds and funds for symposia, invited speakers, etc.
- The coordinator collects and files the continuous reports for each PhD project and keeps records of participation of all PhD-students in their respective individual Training Pro-grams. The coordinator is aware of the current status of the Training Programs of all PhD-students and can advise on the best strategy to meet all requirements.
- The coordinator helps to compose metadata for the RTG reports to the DFG and assembles statistical data on composition, progress and individual contributions of all PhD-students of the RTG.
- Dr. Julia Grimmer